- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- Since 1922
- USDA Organic
- Certified Organic by QAI
- Natural Herb Teas that are Good for you and the Environment
Holy basil (Ocimum sanctum L.), also known as Tulsi in Hindi, is steeped in tradition and is one of India's most sacred herbs, This plant is found in or around most Hindi homes and temples throughout India. It is rumored to protect those who cultivate it from misfortune, and to spiritually purify and guide them toward heaven.
In fact, it is such an important plant in the lives of the Hindi that it is cared for with reverence in daily ceremonial use.
In addition to its reputation as a sacred herb, holy basil has a long history of use as a primary herb in Ayurveda. It's slightly spicy flavor with just a hint of clove has made it a popular ingredient in many culinary dishes.
The best way to make a good tasting cup of tea is by the infusion method. Place one tea bag in a cup and add no more than 6 oz. of boiling water. Let steep for 3 minutes and remove the bag. Press the bag before removing to enhance flavor.
Add honey to sweeten.
Organic holy basil leaves.
This tea is naturally caffeine free.