Annie's Homegrown, Organic Macaroni & Cheese, Low Sodium, 6 oz (170 g)
You purchased this item onView this order
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
- Made With Organic Pasta
- Rabbit of Approval Totally Natural
- 25% Less Sodium Than the Leading Brands*
- 100% Real Cheese
- Classic Mild Cheese
- Tastes Great!
- No Artificial Anything!
- 0g Trans Fat
- Naturally Good Source of Calcium and Protein
- Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth
*Annie's 25% Less Sodium has 430 mg sodium per serving. The leading brands average 590 mg sodium per serving.
Annie's Homegrown's 20th birthday is a good time for reflection, and what comes to my mind at this time is the loyalty of Annie's consumers over the past two decades. With their suggestions and support, we have introduced dozens of new products. From our earliest purple box mac and cheese through side dishes, snack crackers, cereals, and fruit snacks, feedback from our fans has helped shape both our recipes and our final decisions.
That brings me to a new product, Annie's Lower Sodium Macaroni & Cheese. Many of you have contacted us to ask for a lower sodium macaroni and cheese product. With increasing numbers of people diagnosed with hypertension and heart conditions, we agree with our consumers that offering a lower sodium product is the right thing to do. The challenge has been to create a heart-healthier recipe that actually tastes good.
We think we have met the challenge! Made with certified organic elbow pasta and creamy, mild cheddar cheese, Annie's Lower Sodium Macaroni & Cheese will provide a real comfort food experience- delicious taste with the added comfort of knowing that this meal is lower in sodium. We believe we have successfully combined the adjectives heart-healthy and tasty in one recipe. Please let us know what you think. As always, we're listening.
Bye for now, Annie
Annie's Way in 10 Minutes:
- Boil: 6 cups of water in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in: pasta, bring to boil. Cook 8-10 minutes, or until done, stirring occasionally.
- Drain Pasta: in colander. While pasta is draining...
- Add: 3 Tbsp lowfat milk to the warm saucepan. (Optional: Add 2 Tbsp unsalted butter for richer flavor)
- Sprinkle: cheese over milk; stir to combine.
- Add: cooked pasta back to saucepan and stir well.
Annie's Suggestion: For a richer flavor, add 2 Tbsp unsalted butter. For a creamy, tangy version, replace milk with 1/2 cup lowfat yogurt.
Organic wheat macaroni, cheddar cheese (cultured pasteurized milk, salt, non-animal enzymes), whey, nonfat milk, butter, salt, cultured whole milk, sodium phosphate, annatto extract for natural color.
Contains milk and wheat ingredients.
Made on shared equipment that also processes egg and soy.
Keep in cool, dry place.
|Serving Size: 2.5 oz (71 g) About 1 cup prepared|
|Servings: About 2.5|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value**||% Daily Value**|
|Total Fat||4 g*||6%||6%|
|Sat. Fat||2 g||10%||13%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carb.||47 g||16%||16%|
|Thiamin (Vit. B1)||10%||10%|
|*Amount in mix. Prepared with 3 Tbsp lowfat milk adds 10 Calories (0.5 g Sat. Fat), 10 mg Sodium, 1 g Total Carbohydrate (1 g Sugars).
**Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65 g||80 g|
|Sat. Fat||Less than||20 g||25 g|
|Cholest.||Less than||300 mg||300 mg|
|Sodium||Less than||2,400 mg||2,400 mg|
|Total Carb.||300 g||375 g|
|Fiber||25 g||30 g|
|Protein||50 g||65 g|
i like d fact that they r organic. takes some discomfort off the fact that they r processed food. delicious!
Posted by 5262795274652748014 on May 04, 2016
though i cooked it for a little less time
healthy and delicious
Posted by 4743215809302714075 on May 22, 2014
my son likes it
Too small of a pack
Posted by 5367267046909246777 on Apr 05, 2014
The low sodium type come in smaller pack than usual