Eclectic Institute, Raw Purple Probiotic POW-der, All Vegetable Probiotic, 4.2 oz (120 g)5 Reviews
The length of time for the expiration date or "best used before" date depends on the type of product, as well as the brand.
Perishable items (such as flax oils or certain probiotics) generally have shorter expiration dates. Although our warehouse is fully air-conditioned, these more fragile items are put in cold storage (freezer or refrigeration unit) for maximum freshness.
Our receiving department does its best to verify and then enter the correct expiration dates for all incoming products. However, discrepancies do occur from time to time. This being said, the exceptionally high turnover at iHerb ensures that our inventory is among the freshest in the industry.
The Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight (e.g. length, width & height) of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products (e.g. glass containers, liquids, fragile, refrigerated or ice packed) will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
1.34 lbs (0.61 kg)
- Product Code: ECL-37137
- UPC Code: 023363371372
- Package Quantity: 4.2 oz (120 g)
- Dimensions: 3 x 3 x 5.6 in, 0.8 lbs (0.36 kg)
- Volume Discount
This product is already in your Notification List.
Cancel notification request.
This product is now in your Notification List.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
Combo Discount: -€1.86
- "Let Food Be Your Medicine and Medicine Be Your Food" Hippocrates
- USDA Organic
- Fresh Freeze-Dried
- Live Active Cultures
- Plant Originated Wellness
- A Dietary Supplement
100% Fresh Freeze-Dried
- Lacto-fermented vegetables are a natural and traditional source of probiotic beneficial bacteria.
- Promotes digestive health and provides immune support.
- Enhanced with prebiotic soluble fiber.
- No salt. Non-dairy.
- Fermented vegetables help colonize the intestine with beneficial micro-flora and at the same time provide essential vitamins and minerals.
- Excellent source of anthocyanin antioxidants and detoxifying isothiocyanates.
- Caraway, dill & celery seed are traditional carminative spices that enhance flavor & aid digestion.
- The microporous & micronized nature of our POW-ders results in maximum dispersion and absorption of nutrients from whole raw food.
- Freeze-drying is the best method for preserving active probiotics and enzymes.
- We start but most importantly also end with fresh, whole, raw foods.
Add 2 tsp of powder to 6-8 oz of water and shake or blend well. Use 1-3 times per day.
Discontinue use if unusual symptoms occur. Consult your health care advisor regarding the use of this product during pregnancy, with infants, or with prescription drugs.
This product is best stored tightly capped in the refrigerator after opening. Protect from moisture and high temperature.
Keep out of reach of children.
|Serving Size: 2 tsp (4 g)|
|Servings Per Container: 30|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Raw freeze-dried, fermented, organic Purple Cabbage (Brassica oleraceae)||3360 mg|
|Raw freeze-dried, fermented, organic Sunchokes (Helianthus tuberosus) root||200 mg|
|Raw Organic, Celery seed Apium graviolens)||160 mg|
|Raw Organic, Caraway seed (Carum carvi)||120 mg|
|Raw Organic, Dill seed (Anethum graviolens)||120 mg|
|Raw Organic, Dill leaf (Anethum graviolens)||40 mg|
iHerb Customer Reviews
I eat a mostly Paleo diet and put up fermented vegetables every weekend for my salads for the coming week. I had been using leftover brine as my starter, but became concerned about the possibility of propagating undesirable organisms from batch to batch. Used with sea salt, a rounded teaspoon of this product per quart of cut vegetables provides an uncontaminated, flavorful, and highly economical (compared to the competition) starter for ferments. And it's quick -- fizzing starts within 24 hours. It's especially delicious with mashed potatoes (a "safe starch"), which I ferment once in a great while for non-Paleo guests.
Nice idea but you're better off just eating raw, fresh sauerkraut (or other such cultured veggies). Seemed to give me a bit of indigestion (gas). Otherwise effective as far as I can tell (discontinued use fairly prompt for the sauerkraut). Would not suggest use just before retiring... seems to increase energy levels.