Great Eastern Sun, Haiku, Organic Japanese Kukicha Twig Tea, 16 Tea Bags, 1.13 oz (32 g)
- Loyalty credit equals to 10% of the final shopping cart price, excluding shipping charges, and is available to be used toward your next order once your current (last) order has shipped.
- You have a pending credit from a previous order. Once the order is shipped out, the credit will be available.
- Each time you place a new order, a loyalty credit equal to 10% of the value of your order will be given to you.
- Loyalty credits expire 60 days after your last purchase with iHerb.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
- USDA Organic
- Certified Organic by Quality Assurance International
- Kosher Parve
- Just Say No to GMOs!
The GES Pledge of Purity
No ingredient of Haiku Organic Japanese Kukicha Twig Tea has been grown from genetically engineered seed or irradiated. No ingredient has been grown using chemical fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, or fungicides, or been processed using artificial preservatives, flavorings, or colorings. This product has been grown and processed on certified organic farms, and packaged and stored in certified organic facilities prior to sale by GES.
The Poetry of Tea...
During the fall in the Uji district, traditional center of the Japanese tea industry, tea farmers turn to the harvest of tea twigs for Kukicha, the "peasant's drink", so-called because farmers drank it after selling the leaves to sophisticated urbanites as a cash crop. The farmers carefully select 40% medium twigs ages 3yrs., 40% thick twigs aged 10 yrs., and 20% thin twigs and leaves aged 1 yr., before gently roasting each variety separately to bring out its rich flavor. Because caffeine is concentrated in the leaves, twig tea is very mild and can be drunk even at night. Try our Haiku Organic Japanese Kukicha Twig Tea and you will understand why true connoisseurs of Japanese twig tea will drink nothing else.
To prepare hot, add 1 teabag per cup or 4 teabags per 4 cups (a teapot) to cold water. Bring to a boil and simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes. Remove the teabags and serve.
Organic Japanese kukicha tea twigs, stems, and leaves.
Our teabags are made from unbleached natural fibers with individual cellophane wraps to preserve freshness.
|Serving Size: 1 teabag (2 g)|
|Servings Per Container: 16|
|Amount Per Serving||%Daily Value*|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber||<1 g||0%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
iHerb Customer Reviews