very high quality

Posted by Reviewer2986186 on Nov 16, 2009

These are easy to swallow, high quality gels. I have been taking 2 a day (one with breakfast, one with dinner) for several months to help with joint inflammation. They really are helping, and I have had no problems with smelly burps or stomach upset as others have mentioned in with fish oil. I recommend these to anyone with rheumatoid arthritis or other condition that cause painful joints and inflammation. This brand is also recommended by Dr. Mercola.

higher potency

Posted by Reviewer1642118 on Mar 14, 2010

An article I read recently said to check your fish oil product for potency of DHA/EPA. Most contain 1000mg of fish oil, but only about 300mg DHA/EPA in 1 capsule. This Carlson formulation contains 500mg DHA/EPA in 1 capsule. It is more expensive per capsule, but now we only take 1 capsule per day instead of 2.

Slight after-taste - can be avoided

Posted by Reviewer1800761 on Nov 22, 2008

I bought Carlson Labs' Super Omega Fish Oil because it was approved by ConsumerLab and has a high concentration of Omega3. The fishy after-taste is less than any other brand I have tired. I take it 30 minutes after a meal to avoid the problem altogether. I plan to reorder.

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer1770859 on Jan 01, 2009

I like that Super Omega-3 contains more EPA and DHA per softgel. Only reason I didn't rate it 5 is because unlike the regular Carlson's omega-3, this one is vague as to exactly which fish are included:< The reason i still use it it because this is one of just 2 or 3 brands of fish oil my cats will accept. It's not as stinky as Natural Factors and some other brands they hate, so that might have something to do with it. Anyway, their fur is just amazing, and my one cat's itchy spot is gone now.

gift for my friend

Posted by zoezhang on Nov 20, 2015

gift for my friend

Carlson, Super Omega-3 Fish Oil

Posted by Reviewer1191770 on Dec 19, 2007

Consumer Lab says this passes their tests. It takes longer than a month to notice changes, but since I have no symptoms, I don't expect changes.

recommended

Posted by Reviewer1057406 on Jul 26, 2011

too early to tell - taking for inflammation.

not as good as I had hoped

Posted by Reviewer2211138 on Dec 27, 2009

Needs to refrigerated to minimize,not eliminate,fish oil odor/taste

vitamins

Posted by Reviewer2313798 on Jan 17, 2008

very pleased with price and quality

Carlson Omega 3 Fish Oil Gels