Great cleanser

Posted by Reviewer1564083 on Jan 30, 2008

I have very tricky skin, as it is sensitive, dry and fair, yet prone to acne. Most cleansers will overdry or irritate my skin, sometimes causing even worse acne. I have been using this cleanser for 2 years, and it has solved all of my problems. Because it is oil-based, it dissolved dirt and makeup very well. The tea tree oil penetrates into your skin and is naturally antibiotic, so it prevents break-outs. At 5 bucks, it is so much of a better value than the Kiehl's cleanser I used to use.

Excellent for combination skin!

Posted by Reviewer2743418 on Mar 10, 2013

I've been using this for a couple of months, now, and I've nearly used one bottle up, so I ordered another. I have had problem skin, my whole life, made worse by the sebum over production I got in my teens, which never seemed to go away. I've had moderately oily skin since I was about 13, and I still have problems now. I've always used tea tree for breakouts in the "T" area around my nose, and I often get blackheads which really, I shouldn't be getting in my mid forties. It really does blight your life, having persistant skin problems. What I've noticed since using this skin wash, is that my skin doesn't "break out" as much, and despite having very sensitive skin that tends to peel due to sebhoriec dermatitis, my skin is much clearer, and makes me less self conscious. The only thing I don't like is the fact that the pump dispenser that it comes in tends to "gum up" and get blocked after a while, which is irritating, but it's a minor problem! I follow it with a splash of the Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber Toner, which helps with any lingering dryness, but doesn't make my skin oily, and give me break outs like other moisturisers I have tried. I'm glad I have finally found something that seems to work on my problem skin, and long may it continue! I really hope it will, because I've been trying for more than 30 years to rid myself of skin problems!!!

Desert Essence Face Wash with Tea Tree Oil and Awapuhi

Posted by Reviewer3165310 on Feb 01, 2008

Excellent, have used for at least 4 years now. Please never discontinue this product.

Works well

Posted by Reviewer1409845 on Apr 05, 2008

I love this product because Tea Tree Oil is a great ingredient for acne prone skin. It works well and doesn't have any bad ingredients. The price is awesome too.

Squeaky Clean !

Posted by Reviewer3084788 on Oct 21, 2007

My combination skin is very sensitive and prone to break-outs. I have been using this cleanser for several months with good results. It cleans without drying and I have had fewer break-outs!

Very fine product!

Posted by Rasvetik on May 18, 2012

A fine product, has a little stronger smell: but is not distracting. After using fills the face fills in VERY clean and soft.

Posted by Reviewer3004807 on Jul 27, 2013

cleans very good, until skin begin to creak ))) deletes make-up very good. My skin is combination, but rather sensitive. this wash makes it clean and healthy without irritating and drying it. it's very liquid, but economical. smell is not very pleasant, but tolerable.

Clean and fresh

Posted by 4645349282725112557 on Sep 29, 2013

The scent of this facewash is lovely, and it leaves my skin feeling very clean.

Desert Essence, Thoroughly Clean Face Wash

Posted by serpines on May 27, 2013

This is really good for oily skin. I have combination skin and if I don't put a moisturizer after I wash my face with this product, my skin gets really dry, at a point that I feel it stretching. I use this every morning together with Thoroughly Clean Oil Control Lotion and it works really well. Has a nice herby scent and is Vegan :)

Cleansing without damaging skin

Posted by LantauMama on Jun 10, 2013

This makes my face feel very clean without damaging or drying my skin. I use it with my clarisonic every day.