Doctor's Best, Best L-Tryptophan, Tryptopure, Powder, 50 g (Discontinued Item)

€15.65
€30.11
Savings of: €14.47 (48% Off)

L-Tryptophan powder

Posted by Reviewer2681961 on Jul 07, 2008

I highly recommend this form (powder) and product for anyone who uses tryptophan supplements--mood regulation, DEEP restorative sleep, appetite control, etc. Just be sure to have it with glucose (a juice or piece of bread) and not with protein (for 3 hours prior or 30 minutes after taking the tryptopure) in order to increase effectiveness of the serotonin better passing through the blood-brain barrier. (this is true for ALL trypto-supplements) I particularly like this Tryptophan formula and powder form Vs. Hydroxy-tryptophan pills.... This seems more effective. It's inexpensive too!

Very Effective

Posted by Reviewer1140718 on Jun 12, 2007

This is more powerful than I believed it would be. I tried it for mild to moderate anxiety and it really does work fo me. I seem to sleep more soundly at night as well. The powder is not very dense so it does not mix well with liquid, however this problem is easily overcome. I mix it in with a 1/4 cup of applesauce- add a dash of cinnamon and you're good to go.

Awesome for Sleep!

Posted by Reviewer1125967 on Oct 21, 2007

Not only puts you to sleep but a very deep sleep too... I use to wake up almost every hour, now I sleep 6-8 with no problem

5-htp

Posted by Reviewer1706131 on Mar 24, 2009

I used this instead of 5-htp for a week. Depression crept in, so I switched back to 5-htp. Will try it again during less stressful times. Tryptophan is supposed to be safer in the long term than 5-htp. The stuff is bitter, and fly away powdery. This is the only brand I have tried.

L-Tryptophan 50 g

Posted by Reviewer2888129 on Mar 02, 2009

I wasn't paying enough attention when I ordered this product. Previously I've ordered from you, and used Doctor's Best L-Tryptophan Powder USP Pharmacetical Grade 100 grams. The price was similar, and I use a similar amount each night. Therefore, I am paying about twice as much for the new to me product. I hope that in the future you will again offer the 100-gram product.