Now Foods, Ashwagandha, 450 mg, 90 Veggie Caps

€8.24
€12.94
Savings of: €4.69 (36% Off)

Too potent extract - warning

Posted by eleuthero on Jul 16, 2012

Be careful with this one. It is standardized to 4,5% withanolides per capsule which is equal to ~10 grams of the whole herb - already over the common recommended daily dosage. It can have tranquilizing and hypnotic effect with two capsules. After quitting long-term (couple of months) use of this in recommended doses I had withdrawal symptoms similar to quitting benzodiazepines. It is a powerful herb especially when extracted so strongly. Use only when really needed (stressful times, occasional sleep aid) and not for too long periods continuously. I find half or even 1/3 of a capsule effective. It seems that consuming food/carbohydrates bring out the effects faster. I gave 1 star just to make my warning more noticeable. This is still quality supplement but has to be used with caution.

it really works

Posted by Reviewer2056622 on Mar 11, 2008

ashwaganda has really helped me with adrenal exhaustion and hypothyroidism.

Great for Adrenal Fatigue!

Posted by Reviewer3013107 on Apr 17, 2007

This product levels out my cortisol during the day so that I don't have highs and lows. It also is very calming. Excellent for my adrenal fatigue.

Ashwangandha

Posted by Reviewer2803577 on Mar 01, 2008

Best natural product I have ever taken. Helps with my fibromyalgia, sever chronic fatigue and stress.

Cortisol Support

Posted by Reviewer3230061 on May 08, 2008

I have taken many supplements for adrenal fatigue and cortisol support after surgical menopause and I think I am seeing improvement with my cortisol after only 2 weeks of taking this.