New To iHerb?

Now Foods, Calcium Carbonate, 100% Pure Powder, 12 oz (340 g)

€4.51
€7.10
Savings of: €2.58 (36% Off)

For making toothpaste

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Oct 28, 2013

No nasty fillers, flavours or preservatives. This powder has the consistency of icing sugar - mixes well in water and is tasteless. I use it to make toothpaste. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Infantile febrile convulsions

Posted by Reviewer2047688 on Sep 22, 2012

My son is almost 10 months old, and has suffered twice with fever-related 'infantile febrile convulsions'. The doctors at the Children's Emergency department said they are 'common' and don't cause any harm - I just have to wait till he's 3 or 4 and hopefully he'll outgrow them. They said in the meantime he will probably be susceptible to fever-seizures each time he gets sick with a fever - that's a pretty terrifying prospect for a parent of a young baby. Long story short, as a terrified mum (convulsions are a horrible thing to have to watch), I googled one night, and found a comment from another mum about powdered calcium stopping her children's convulsions, so I jumped on iHerb and ordered this product (which I couldn't find in Australia). And then I waited.... About three weeks ago the product arrived. My son's fever spiked yesterday afternoon, and I automatically reached for the panadol. It did NOTHING for his fever. It climbed to 39.2 degrees. He was lethargic and glassy eyed. I tried cool face washers, stripping him off to a nappy, cool bath - nothing worked. I was waiting for the seizure to hit, and had the phone ready to call the ambulance. Then it hit me that I had the calcium carbonate in the cupboard. I mixed some up and gave it to him, and NO WORD OF A LIE, his fever went from 39.2 to 36.9 in less than 60 seconds. He went from burning up and glassy-eyed, to cool, happy, smiling, in less than a minute. I thought maybe it was a conincidence, due to the timing of also giving him panadol. But his fever spiked again at 11.30pm, and instead of going for the panadol, I reached for the calcium carbonate first this time. Again - instantly (less than a minute) his fever went from 39.4 degress down to 37 degrees, and his constitution went from miserable, glassy-eyed and (from what I know of past experience) bordering on seizure, to completely normal, happy child. He was back in his cot asleep within half an hour, whereas in the past we have had to a

Mad Scientist

Posted by Reviewer1670916 on Nov 09, 2007

I jokingly refer to myself as a "mad scientist" as I like making my own soap, deodorant, and now, with this product, my own tooth (paste) powder. Along with several other "secret ingredients" I have concocted a wonderful recipe that has made me brush my teeth more often and have a longer feeling of fresh breath. I highly recommend this product to other "mad scientists" like myself.

Awesome Product!

Posted by Reviewer1997846 on Dec 17, 2007

This product is awesome. I took 1 tbsp. twice a day for seven days and now I take 1 tsp. a day. It has been more than ten days and the pain in my right wrist is literally nonexistent. I also give 1 tsp to my children ages 2-14 years one a day.

Calcium Carbonate Powder review

Posted by Reviewer1297064 on Feb 19, 2008

I learned of NOW supplements through a canine food group I belong to. Their standards for purity are exactly what I look for when buying supplements. I use this product for my dogs to balance their home cooked diet. Calcium carbonate is supposed to be easy on the digestive system. My dogs have no problems taking this product.