Twinlab Copper help stop gray.

Posted by Reviewer1805704 on Mar 28, 2008

This product works well to help stop graying of the hair. It really works. When my husband's hair starts getting too noticeably gray on the sides, he'll take one a day for a few days, to a week or so, and it stops the graying & reverts back to normal. Then it's okay for a while. Works on my hair too. I have no noticeable gray, but when I notice it, I take the copper for a while and my hair turns back to normal. Then we can stop taking it for quite a while until it starts turning gray again. It also softens coarse hair. Seems to work for us. I had read somewhere a few years ago that one of the major causes of gray hair was actually a copper deficiency. No bad side efffects for us so far and we've been doing this off & on for 2 years.

Copper keeps you young

Posted by Reviewer2508792 on May 29, 2008

I have taken copper for years since I found out that research found that a copper deficiency results in gray hair, wrinkles in the face, sagging body, varicose veins, and aortic aneurisms. I still have a lot of color in my hair at age 63, and no facial wrinkles.

Dana

Posted by Reviewer2862251 on Oct 25, 2008

I stumbled across an article about copper deficiency in animals causing sway back and spasm. It is similar to copper deficiency in humans. My daughter has suffered with chronic spasticity and anemia for years. She started this supplement a month ago and said how great she feels. If you take iron supplements and/or zinc, I read that you also need to take copper and at least 2 hours before or 4 hours after iron and/or zinc. I believe it! This has been a life saver!!!

PERFECT - Tiny capsules that work - SEE NOTE RE GREY HAIR

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Jun 29, 2015

GREY HAIR - if you're taking copper for grey hair, it pays to be aware that copper - in the presence of low methionine and/or glutathione - could either not work, or cause MORE grey hair. LOW METHIONINE can lead to a build up of hydrogen peroxide in hair follicles, reduced tyrosinase effectiveness, and a gradual loss of hair color - refer PUB MED 1-9-2-3-7-5-0-3. COPPER is a component of Cu-Zn SOD, which catalyses superoxide radicals into oxygen - OR - hydrogen peroxide. The outcome can be affected by low levels of methionine (as above), enzyme inhibition OR glutathione and/or its co-factors. GLUTATHIONE PEROXIDASE is needed to reduce free hydrogen peroxide to water. It's a SELENIUM-containing enzyme, NAD is a co-factor. INSOMNIA - Are you a night owl? Low copper can cause insomnia. HISTAMINE ISSUES? Copper is a natural anti-histamine, required for Amine oxidase (aka histaminase/diamine oxidase). I don't understand why anyone would chelate copper into oblivion unless proven copper dysfunction (e.g. Wilson's Disease). Many physiological processes rely on copper (e.g. Tyrosinase, Nitrite reductase, Catechol oxidase, etc). If you find yourself with CFS/ME, MCS, food intolerances - (histamine aside) consider things such as foods that are known to contain enzymes like Polyphenol oxidase, which could exacerbate low copper issues. Also be aware of copper antagonists/synergists, enzyme inhibitors/hidden chelators such as EDTA, citrate/citric acid. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

copper

Posted by Reviewer1488008 on Mar 30, 2010

One of the best anti-fungal nutritional food substance available. Taken with care not to exceed more than one tablet each day with other nutritional suppliments in all fungal problems. Taken once each week may be of aid in preventing fungal diseases in poor health.