The Tao of Tea, Organic Brazilian Mate, 4.0 oz (114 g)
- Loyalty credit equals to 10% of the final shopping cart price, excluding shipping charges, and is available to be used toward your next order once your current (last) order has shipped.
- You have a pending credit from a previous order. Once the order is shipped out, the credit will be available.
- Each time you place a new order, a loyalty credit equal to 10% of the value of your order will be given to you.
- Loyalty credits expire 60 days after your last purchase with iHerb.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
- Artisan Quality · Pure Leaf Teas · Fresh
- 100% Organic
- South American Yerba Mate
- USDA Organic
- Pure Leaf Teas
- Brews 60 Cups
- Certified Organic by QAI
Origin, Brazil Yerba Mate was first used by the Guarani Indians, who believed it could cleanse and heal the spirit. Now, millions enjoy it in South America, especially in Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay and Argentina. Our Yerba Mate is grown on a 100% organic farm in Southern Brazil.
Mate (Ilex Paraguariensis) is an evergreen plant of the holly (family Aquifoliaceae). The plant can reach heights of 10-12 meters, but is generally pruned at about 4-6 meters. Although the plant does produce small flowers and fruit, only the distinct oval shaped leaves and stems are plucked for processing.
Mate contains vitamins (A, B1, B2, C and E), mineral salts, 15 amino acids and high level of antioxidants. Its chemical constituents also include alkaloids (caffeine). Mate is known to help cope with stress and is beneficial for the nervous and immune systems.
Cooling, clear, bitter sweet flavor notes. Will provide at least 3-4 re-infusions.
Gourd & Bombilla
The Mate Gourd and Bombilla are traditional vessels used for enjoying Yerba Mate. The Gourd is filled one-third full with the leaves and after adding water, the brew is enjoyed by sipping through the bombilla. Designs and shapes vary by the region.
Terere. A refreshing ice drink
Terere is more popular than hot mate in tropical South America. It can be prepared like mate, by using flavored iced water instead of hot.
Fill a pitcher with water and ice. Add your favorite sweetener (agave syrup, maple syrup, or unrefined cane sugar) and fresh lime into the pitcher. (Organic bottled lemonade or limeade can be used instead). Fill a small glass cup with Organic Mate and sip with a bombilla.
100% organic yerba mate leaves.
iHerb Customer Reviews