Homemade Wart Remover Using Essential Oils
September 25 2018
Looking for a natural way to remove warts at home? Use this essential oil home remedy.
Whether on the bottom of the foot or between fingers on the hand, warts are not only unsightly but can hurt as well. These small skin growths are often harmless and seemingly appear at random, typically disappearing just as spontaneously. Warts are actually caused when a virus comes in contact with the skin.
It's possible to remove a wart in a safe way by using natural ingredients. Keep reading to find out how to create a homemade wart remover.
- 1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 drop oregano essential oil
- 2 drops frankincense essential oil
- 2 drops lemon essential oil
- 1/2 tsp. coconut oil
- Cotton ball
- To make the wart treatment, add the apple cider vinegar and oregano and frankincense oils to a container or bowl.
- Mix these ingredients together, then add the lemon oil.
- Mix the combination again before adding the coconut oil. This will help bind everything together while giving it a thicker consistency that prevents it from running off the area of skin it's being applied to.
- Dip the cotton ball into the mixture. Don't oversaturate it, but apply enough of the solution to make the cotton ball damp.
- Press the cotton ball over the wart firmly and secure in place with a bandage. Make sure it doesn't wiggle around. It's very important for it to remain in contact with the skin.
- Repeat this process twice a day until the wart is gone.
Get rid of warts without using harsh chemicals or ingredients with the help of this homemade wart remover. The acid in the apple cider vinegar will eat away at the wart over time, causing it to fall right off. The carvacrol and thymol in oregano oil have antiviral properties. Frankincense is a natural antiseptic and disinfectant while lemon oil contains d-limonene, which helps prevent inflammation. The coconut oil used not only acts as a base but also has antimicrobial and antifungal properties. These natural ingredients are easy to find and put together for a successful solution to a tricky wart problem.