Zucchini Noodles with Pesto Sauce
Ring in Spring with this light, veggie-rich recipe.
Spring is in the air, so it's time for light cooking with fresh ingredients. This recipe for zucchini noodles with pesto sauce is packed with vegetables and flavor. This meal serves four and comes together in under 30 minutes.
- 4 medium zucchini
- 4 cups fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup unsalted walnuts or pine nuts
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ tbsp. olive oil
- Wash and trim the ends of the zucchini. Use a spiralizer or mandoline to cut them into noodle shapes. Set aside.
- Mix the basil, nuts, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender.
- Slowly add ⅓ cup olive oil. Blend until pureed.
- Saute the zucchini in the remaining olive oil over medium heat until just soft.
- Turn the heat to low. Add the pesto and stir until the zucchini is coated.