Lundberg, Organic California Brown Basmati Gourmet Rice, 32 oz (907 g)
Best By: May 2024
- Date First Available: September 2007
- Product Code: LRG-40203
- UPC Code: 073416402034
- Package Quantity: 907.18 g
- Dimensions: 14 x 14.2 x 8.1 cm , 0.93 kg
Frequently purchased together
- An Aromatic Long Grain Brown Rice
- USDA Organic
- Certified Gluten-Free
- Family Farms®
- Non GMO Project Verified
- Certified Organics by CCOF
- Organic is Non-GMO and More
- 100% Whole Grain - 45 g or More Per Serving
- 100 % of the Grain is Whole Grain
Soft & Scented
California Brown Basmati has always been a family favorite for its whole-grain goodness, versatility, and pleasant aroma. This long, thin grain is light and won't clump together when cooked, making it a natural fit for curry, stir-fry salad, pilaf, and dessert recipes that call for distinct kernels with a fluffy texture.
Better the world with every bite!
Since 1937, our family has been growing wholesome, great-tasting rice while tending to soil, air, water, and wildlife as carefully as our crops. Some people say we're a bit unconventional. But doing things our way- sustainably at every step - allows us to make better food for your table while leaving a better world for the next generation. So when you choose Lundberg. you can feel confident that you're bettering the world with every bite.
Stove Top Cooking Instructions
|Liquid to Rice Cooking Ratios|
|Servings (about 3/4 cup cooked rice)||2||4-5||8-9|
|Rice (dry)||1/2 cup||1 cup||2 cups|
|Water or Broth*||1 cup||1- 3/4 cups||3-1/2 cups|
|Butter or Oil (Optional)||1 1/2 tsp||1 Tbsp||2 Tbsp|
This product is raw and must be cooked in order to enjoy its delicious flavor.
- Using a fine mesh sieve, thoroughly rinse desired amount of rice under cold water for 1-2 minutes and drain.
- Combine rice, liquid *, and butter or oil in a 2 qt. saucepan (1/2 cup or 1 cup) or a 4 qt. saucepan (2 cups) and bring to a boil.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid. Reduce heat to maintain a low simmer and cook for 40 minutes.
- With lid on, remove from heat and let steam for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and enjoy.
Tip: If rice is too firm at the end of cooking, it may be necessary to add 1-2 Tbsp. liquid* and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
Rice Cooker: To prepare in a rice cooker, use the same liquid* to rice ratio.
Refrigeration recommended for extended shelf life.
Organic california long grain brown rice.
While iHerb strives to ensure the accuracy of its product images and information, some manufacturing changes to packaging and/or ingredients may be pending update on our site. Although items may occasionally ship with alternate packaging, freshness is always guaranteed. We recommend that you read labels, warnings and directions of all products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by iHerb.
|Serving Size: 1/4 cup (dry) (45 g)|
|Servings Per Container: About 20|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat||1.5 g||2%|
|Sat. Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs.||33 g||12%|
|Total Sugars||1 g|
|Incl. 0 g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vit. D||0 mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|