Will repurchase again

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 8 2015 | Verified Purchase

I have medium density hair that is color treated. Store bought shampoos such as Pantene or Pert Plus filled with chemicals will clean your hair faster in less lathering and scrubbing time. However, just after a day without washing, my scalp tends to itch with build up, thus needing to wash my hair more frequently. More washing leads to dry and brittle hair and scalp. With Avalon Organics Clarifying shampoo, I find that i need to lather and scrub for a minute or two longer in order to get my scalp feeling clean. I do not mind this at all because the benefits leaves my hair and scalp clean. I can go several days without washing my hair without feeling gunk and build up. The scent reminds me of lemon scented bathroom cleaner, just not as pungent. After shampooing with Avalon Organics Clarifying shampoo, my hair is a bit dry, just a bit. A little conditioner from the mid-shaft of my hair to the tips will add moisture to the dryness. I'll repurchase again when this shampoo runs out - I'll have to get use to the bathroom lemon scent. Please click yes if you find this review helpful.

Smells great,but not good results!

Posted by GoodLife on May 18 2013 | Verified Purchase

I found it a good product,it smells so great.But the results not so perfect.After i stopped to use it, the skin on my head began to itch a little,it was not itching before i tried this shampoo. **** If my review was helpful for You, please click "YES", thank You. Also You can visit my page to read my other reviews*****************

Definitely Clariying

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 21 2008 | Verified Purchase

It removes oil and everything with one wash. It makes the hair a little squeaky right after you wash with it when wet but that seems to be the tendency of most all natural clarifying shampoos. Just use conditioner and your are set.

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 18 2014 | Verified Purchase

Best shampoo ever. Leaves hair shiny and helps remove build up without drying it. שמפו מדהים!! לא מייבש את השיער אבל מסיר לגמרי שמנוניות וממש מחייה את השיער

Smells nice

Posted by mittens55 on November 8 2011 | Verified Purchase

I love the lemon smell and it does make my hair more blonde - I find that sometimes it weighs my hair down and other times my hair looks great. Depends on the day, but I would recommend it.

Very conditioning

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 26 2008 | Verified Purchase

This shampoo strengthens your hair just like the biotin shampoo by Avalon does.

does the job...but....

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 8 2012 | Verified Purchase

Okay, I wanted a clarifying shampoo and this indeed does the job with ease. I kept debating 3 or 4 stars because although it does clarify, it also dried out my hair even though I used conditioner with it. So, yes, it gets out any build up but on the down side, I can not use it more than once or twice in a row or my hair feels like straw. I have very long hair that on top is normal but due to the length, my ends have a tendency to be drier so someone with shorter hair may not find it as drying a product.

Love the smell

Posted by khessel on August 10 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is a great shampoo. I love the scent, and it doesn't leave any residue on my hair.

Terrific shampoo

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 15 2009 | Verified Purchase

Best smelling gentle shampoo I've found to date. Other shampoos smell great in the bottle, but smell bad when using on hair.

sweet smell

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 26 2009 | Verified Purchase

Wasn't sure about this product but after trying it I am a fan. Leaves hair shiny and fresh smelling