Gentle for sensitive people

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 31, 2015 | Verified Purchase

My GI tract cannot handle typical iron supplements, the non-heme ones which are hardly absorbed and which leave lots of free-radicals and intestinal distress because pathogenic bacteria within the gut can utilise the undigested iron leaving nasty side effects like gas, bloating, black stools, constipation, diarrhoea etc. - of course the microflora gets affected with symptoms like that! This is gentle, I take it with 1000mg ascorbic acid and food. The dose is very low (5mg) so I am not sure if it has increased by ferritin or serum iron yet as I need to get my labs done before I can tell. But I am happy that I found an iron supplement that doesn't make my gut feel compromised! I even have trouble with Spatone (the 'gentlest' one that many people don't have issues with so that's saying something - Spatone makes my stomach lining feel inflamed so imagine what happened with ferrous fumarate and sulphate!!)

Works!

Posted by Ronolss on Jul 30, 2017 | Verified Purchase

This Ferritin helped to raise my own level from 28 to 44 just in month and a half. Continuing taking it. Will check my ferritin again in couple of months. Doesn't upset stomach. Take it with vitamin C or fruits.

it works for me

Posted by gfreesammi on Jul 09, 2016 | Verified Purchase

i have a really hard time absorbing iron and this product helped my blood test levels rise. doesn't upset my stomach.

Finally raised my ferritin levels!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 01, 2016 | Verified Purchase

After years of trying different products and diets, I finally found something that raised my levels big time! My energy is better, less fainting and dizzyness. My hands and feet are warmer too. This works great for me. Thanks!

Ferritin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 30, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Bardzo skuteczny w walce z niedoborami żelaza, ferrytyny. Jeżeli jest problem z żelazem warto również połączyć ferritin z laktoferyną.

Cardiovascular Research Ltd., Ferritin, 5 mg, 60 Capsules

Posted by ReputableReviewer on Feb 01, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Talking plainly, I was expecting more. Cold feet/hands are not so much warmed and overall well-being is not somehow changed after 2 bottles. Maybe we need some more time and higher doses? It is sad that it has only 5 mg, because I think from our practice now, that it should have 15 mg not less. Of course, one could consume 3 capsules, but then supplement is going to be pretty expensive and one must send themselves one bottle after another, it is not convenient. But I am afraid to give less stars of rating. It is better to have this product in iherb rather than not.

Very good product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 06, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I like it!

SUPER product.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 12, 2016 | Verified Purchase

my hemoglobin there were 74. it is very scary and unbelievable. I hope to improve.

Ferritin

Posted by citygirlincountry on Nov 30, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I have been getting these for over 5 years to supplement my low ferritin level. I am not sure how effective the product is, I only get these since this is the only one iHerb carries. My lab shows that my ferritin is still low.