Super-smooth for smoothies

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 26, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Very nice texture - mixes very well in a thick smoothie. I prefer unflavored protein powders so I can taste the ingredients of my smoothie. I wouldn't use it straight (ie: mixed only with water) as it's just my preference. I custom-make my own vegan protein formula by combining this powder with organic rice protein & organic pumpkin protein. It is a very filling, satisfying and nourishing addition to my smoothie.

Best I've tried

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 07, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This is the only Pea Protein I can tolerate. The non-organics from NOW have a smell that I find quite off putting since they changed suppliers. But this one is reliably acceptable.

Pure pea protein at a very reasonable price

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 02, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I love that this protein has nothing added, and it's organic :)

Now Organic Pea Protein

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 24, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I put in my shakes. My husband sprinkles over his cereal. Great source of protein for people who have thyroid issues.

Good source of protein

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 26, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Mixes easily into a smoothie. Excellent, reasonably priced vegan protein. I'll buy it again.

Fantastic product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 21, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I recently purchased this protein because I can not tolerate whey. Initially I mixed it with water, stevia and some natural vanilla flavour. Unfortunately, this way it is very hard to consume due to the very strong taste and smell of pea and grainy texture. After some experimenting I created a super healthy porridge made of four 30g. malted whole wheat biscuits (I live in New Zealand and here we have biscuits called Weet-Bix, I am sure something similar should be available in the US), low fat milk, one large table spoon of honey, one table spoon of flax oil and one serving (20g.) of pea protein. The taste is terrific, very nice, and you can not taste pea at all. I am really happy that I found this product. Organic, healthy and good value for money.

Great quality, great value, not great taste.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 23, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I was informed that I was severely protein deficient and instructed to add extra protein in to my diet. I don't eat dairy, so whey isn't an option. Pea was recommended to me, and at first I didn't think I could find an organic product that was affordable, which is why I think Now Foods Organic Pea Protein is so great. I took one star off because of the taste - I add it to smoothies and I find the taste hard to disguise - but that's a trade-off to not having the powder laced with sweeteners and flavoring. Also, I hate the packaging (not the actual container, but the color, design, etc.) - but that's just aesthetics :)

Bad taste

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 03, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I didn't like its taste at all