Page 1 - Reviews - If You Care, Food Waste Bags, 3 Gallon, 30 Bags - iHerb
IE

Posted on May 12, 2022

I bought this bag specifically for trash / garbage that are not recyclable, and didn't want to purchase any more plastic bags. The texture is thin, gel-like. Best for dry items, as it gets stretchy when it becomes moist or gets water. It suits my needs but may not work for those who are tossing food scraps into this bag.

Posted on Oct 11, 2021

I like that these are made from potato rather than corn, which is why I initially chose the brand. I have used them for about a year now, and I am happy with them. If used in a kitchen compost bin for an entire week with a lot of moisture going in, they do tend to degrade and leak at the bottom. However, my habit is to keep my compost in the freezer for at least part of the week to reduce odor, and then transfer to the compostable bag on garbage collection day, so it's not a big problem for me. I expect this would be a common problem for any truly compostable bag. The size is good for my standard kitchen countertop compost bin.

Posted on Jan 30, 2022

I'm glad to find good sized compostable kitchen bags, but they're not very strong. If they're more than half full or have liquid in the bottom (hard to avoid with compost) they tear or leak. They're not too pricey though, so I'll continue to use them at around half volume. I may try the suggestion another reviewer made to freeze compost and take it to the bin once a week.

Posted on May 10, 2022

I love that these bags have handles so you can easily tie them up when they are full. They are also easier to open than any other compostable bags I've tried.

Posted on Aug 2, 2021

Great bags. I love that the are not big, can through out the rubbish more often. Find the durable and pleasant to use.

Posted on Feb 3, 2022

everyone in my house loves this brand. great quality and good for the planet

Posted on Jan 13, 2022

perfect size for my little composter...and in a pinch I use them to line other small wastbaskets

Posted on Dec 3, 2021

Quality bags, relatively small, ecological which is the most important

Posted on Mar 6, 2022

thicker and better quality than other brands of compostable waste bags.

Posted on Jun 8, 2021

Don’t compost but want to try to be less plastic. A bit small for my kitchen bin but will use it in the bathroom bin.