OK

Posted by greenisthenewblack on Aug 22, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I love dates, but not this date sugar. Tastes like dates, but not in a good way if that makes sense. I much prefer coconut sugar! Will not repurchase.

Finely powdered date sugar

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 06, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This is a high quality product sold at a nice price on iherb.com The flavour is pleasing and sweet, and works beautifully as an alternative to other dry sweeteners such as cane sugar or table sugar for baking. Would purchase Now Foods Date Sugar again, and would recommend this particular brand of product.

Date Sugar

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 13, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Now Foods Date Sugar is quite tasty and is pretty finely ground for date sugar. It works great in baked items like cookies. It is a bit grainy so it probably wouldn't be as good sweetening something like ice cream. When baking, I do use about 25% more than the comparable amount of sugar in recipes because it isn't as sweet as table sugar. If there was a way to get date sugar ground even finer so it would dissolve, I would give it 5 stars.

Not again!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Strange, almost awful (for me!) taste .... wouldn't recommend it to anyone ... nor would I use it further. I left it somewhere outside, maybe someone needs it. For me, it's far away from the sugar taste, and what is een worse - it always leaves "traces" in the drink, which are much like waste...

Tasty sugar alternative

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 01, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I like this for my tea. Sweetens it just right, without it being too sweet like I added too much sugar. However, by the time I finished my tea, I saw that there were some remnants of the sugary powder leftover. This sugar doesn't raise my blood sugar.

good quality date sugar at a good price

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 02, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I use this date sugar to replace some of white or brown sugar in recipes and have good luck.

Excellent natural "whole food" sweetener

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 12, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This stuff works great, and is better than other brands because it doesn't clump. We use it in baking. It gives a different texture and flavor than white sugar, which you may or may not like, but it's certainly healthier.

good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 24, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Good product. Without sulphites & no sugar added. Pure date sugar taste.

pleased to find

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 06, 2013 | Verified Purchase

After DNA testing and discovering date sugar is the only sweetener compatible with my body, I was delighted to find it here. I use it for all my baking and even serve it to guests. I use it in all my pale desserts.

Great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 01, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I like to use this as a substitute for powdered icing sugar to coat cookies, top muffins, etc. I used a combination of date sugar and xylitol to make "peppernuts" (Russian Christmas cookies) and it worked very well.