2 stars becaue it has Carrageenan and Sodium coco-Sulfate

Posted by NBPT10 on May 26, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I like the taste and the fact that it does not have fluoride. But it contains carrageenan and sodium coco-sulfate. Carageenan is a somewhat controversial substance made from seaweed. There is some research out saying that it is upsetting to the GI track. They use it as an inexpensive thickener. Sodium Coco Sulfate is just a highly, highly diluted form of Sodium laurel sulfate (SLS). If you're allergic to one, you're still allergic to the other. This is a trick the industry is using. So saying it is SLS free is a bit deceptive. So be aware. If you found this helpful, go to my homepage and read my other value added reviews. Peace and good health.

Don't waste money buying this product!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Apr 09, 2013 | Verified Purchase

The toothpaste is reasonably priced for its size. With Xylitol (for the sweet taste) and its cool minty taste, the toothpaste seems like an ideal choice for those who want to avoid any sodium fluoride or sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) in their toothpaste while whitening their teeth. The toothpaste uses two agents for whitening, papain and hydrated silica. Papain does not help much in whitening. Hydrated silica is used as abrasive and basically used to "shrub" off the top layer of the tooth in order to achieve its whitening effect. It's like using sandpaper to clean your teeth. It damages your enamels and makes it very sensitive. That's why most of the 1 star review is about sensitive tooth! In addition, the toothpaste contains potasium sorbate, a preservative known to cause allergic reaction and sodium coco sulfate. Sodium coco sulfate has the exact same chemical structure as SLS. So much for being SLS free! Personal experience - I have sensitive teeth and it seems worse. I will not use this again. Check out my page for more reviews!

Now Foods, XyliWhite Toothpaste Gel, Fluoride Free, Refreshmint, 1 oz (28 g)

Posted by alvinlky on Jul 30, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Looking for a toothpaste that met all of my requirements hasn't been easy. Finally had tried the samples before buying It is the toothpaste gel that what I am looking for, excellent Quality toothpaste gel at an economical price,

Very fresh taste, cleans nicely

Posted by WildSweetVermont on Jul 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I like that it's flouride-free, and it contains ingredients I like such as silica and tea tree oil.

Now foods, XyliWhite Toothpaste gel

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 15, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Refreshing and glad to find a toothpaste without the flouride.

Great taste, plenty of foaming action for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 02, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Leaves my teeth feeling shiny and clean, and I don't know why others have complained about lack of foaming. It seems just fine for me -- I don't need to be foaming like a rabid dog to make me feel like my toothpaste is working. The only disappointment is the tiny tube; it really could be larger.

Glycerin prevents tooth remineralization

Posted by PurplePegasus on Jun 13, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Contains glycerin and a few chemicals I don't care to use on my body let alone my mouth. Glycerin prevents enamel remineralization according to endless websites on the topic. I stick to my 2 toothpowders and hope for the best.

Good product

Posted by Krisinsight on Sep 01, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Sweetened with xylitol which has natural anti-carious properties.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 29, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I do not like a lot this toothpaste, there is no enought foam from it.

last chance before switching to toothpowder...you are welcome to rate & read my other reviews

Posted by PracticalReviews on Oct 11, 2012 | Verified Purchase

any toothpaste on earth shouldn't contain fluoride so this one starts good,it also tastes good and has a natural whitening agent from papaya which is nice, but after trying powder forms for my teeth looks like the paste/gel types don't clean as well because of the gelling agent that interfere with the cleaning material,usually its the glycerin that also contain sugar alcohol which contaminate the teeth at the same time you try to clean them,ridiculous.sodium bicarbonate is a great base for a toothpowder with natural bristles brush for protecting the enamel.....you are welcome to rate & read my other reviews