Excellent for Homemade Chai

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've been using Tao of Tea's Sada Chai for years to make homemade chai and highly recommend it. This is a black tea that is strong enough to balance the spices and milk, and can be boiled without becoming bitter. It doesn't contain any spices. I use freshly ground spices for each batch (Frontier's bulk spices are a good value). This tea makes an authentic cup of chai. I was thrilled to discover iHerb carries it now.

amazing

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 19, 2016 | Verified Purchase

i make chai tea with this and it's amazing. better than store bought chai tea. it blends so well with chai spices.

Love it!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 24, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I am able to make authentic strong Indian chai. I like the box. I am able to re-use them for storage.

Delicious

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 16, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I don't use this tea as a base for chai, because my chai mix is never as good as Rishi Tea's Masala Chai. This tea is as bold as any of the breakfast tea's I've tasted, but it has no bitterness and has a great, malty flavor. It tastes good black, but I like it better with a little almond or coconut milk. (Cow and Soy milk block the body's ability to absorb tea antioxidants.) I don't like sweet tea, and this one tastes great without any sweetener.

sada chai black tea

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 08, 2013 | Verified Purchase

neutral flavour, ideal to smudge with another flavour, cinnamon or vanilla for example

Excellent product