A good alternative, but not a strong taste

Posted by hollyhockfields on May 03, 2016

I found this coconut aminos to be a good alternative, especially during an AIP elimination diet, but overall the flavour was too sweet and underwhelming. I ended up googling an umami sauce recipe and found a much more satisfying alternative that way. For the price, and flavour intensity, it simply wasn't worth it. If you're in a pinch and are craving something on the sweet and soy side, this is for you!

I supposed if you can't have soy...

Posted by 4613621240601653602 on Dec 13, 2015

This is a soy-substitute, but I personally just prefer the taste of soy sauce. This is too sweet. I haven't tried other brands of coconut aminos, but I wouldn't buy it again.

A little too sweet

Posted by 5179787325484961853 on Nov 02, 2015

for my taste, but still good.

Good substitute

Posted by Flossiesfavorites on Sep 27, 2015

Having lived most of my life in Japan where I'm used to non GMO soy sauce at it's best, I can't say I love the taste of this as a soy sauce substitute. However, if you're needing to avoid soy, this is better than living without soy-sauce flavored food altogether. Just know that it will not taste the same as soy sauce.

It is ok

Posted by 5287965161169056312 on Aug 12, 2015

Definitely taste different from soy sauce and seems to taste good only on certain food. Its a little sweet for me. Still a good healthy replacement seasoning sauce though.

Interesting

Posted by 5734304313578817311 on Mar 18, 2015

It is a very good product in itself, but to me, it does not replace soy sauce. It is sweeter (in taste not sure about content). I might keep it in my fridge going forward but I will have to experiment on how to use it best. I am still to find a gluten and soy free "soy-like sauce". Any advice welcome :-)

It's sweet...

Posted by saralovesiherb on Nov 09, 2014

I may have missed something, but I wouldn't call this a seasoning sauce. It's really really sweet. I felt like I was covering my food in sugar (after reading the label, I pretty much was) and wasn't as expected.

Not a big fan

Posted by 5625657342130073188 on Oct 22, 2014

We found this to be ok, sort of nice but I prefer just a bit of sea salt to add flavour. The flavour was a little strange. Was hoping to really like it though .......Click YES if this was helpful and feel welcome to rate & read my other reviews

Shipping

Posted by 5667746438203659769 on Aug 10, 2014

Product arrived x3 and leaked into snap lock bag. Outside labels were soaked/damaged.

ok

Posted by Reviewer1901447 on May 27, 2014

the taste is not powerful and I didn't taste any coconut flavor. Perhaps I'm not suppose to.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »