Sweeter than soy sauce but OK substitute

Posted by 4665503560050011313 on Nov 27, 2013

A little disappointed, since I expected something tasting a little more lika soy sauce (which I miss a lot, breastfeeding child with soy allergy). This was sweeter and had a scent of coconut. But it's good and better than no soy at all:-).

It's okay

Posted by abbyca on Nov 01, 2010

I think I'm too much of a soy sauce lover to give it up entirely although I do like the fact that this product comes close in flavor and is less salty than regular soy sauce.

Interesting

Posted by 5734304313578817311 on Mar 18, 2015

It is a very good product in itself, but to me, it does not replace soy sauce. It is sweeter (in taste not sure about content). I might keep it in my fridge going forward but I will have to experiment on how to use it best. I am still to find a gluten and soy free "soy-like sauce". Any advice welcome :-)

Not a big fan

Posted by 5625657342130073188 on Oct 22, 2014

We found this to be ok, sort of nice but I prefer just a bit of sea salt to add flavour. The flavour was a little strange. Was hoping to really like it though .......Click YES if this was helpful and feel welcome to rate & read my other reviews

Good substitute

Posted by Flossiesfavorites on Sep 27, 2015

Having lived most of my life in Japan where I'm used to non GMO soy sauce at it's best, I can't say I love the taste of this as a soy sauce substitute. However, if you're needing to avoid soy, this is better than living without soy-sauce flavored food altogether. Just know that it will not taste the same as soy sauce.

perfect soy sauce replacement

Posted by 5235704199961612980 on Aug 05, 2013

just a little of this splashed in recipes can replace either salt or soy sauce, really tasty

Shipping

Posted by 5667746438203659769 on Aug 10, 2014

Product arrived x3 and leaked into snap lock bag. Outside labels were soaked/damaged.

It's sweet...

Posted by saralovesiherb on Nov 09, 2014

I may have missed something, but I wouldn't call this a seasoning sauce. It's really really sweet. I felt like I was covering my food in sugar (after reading the label, I pretty much was) and wasn't as expected.

It is ok

Posted by 5287965161169056312 on Aug 12, 2015

Definitely taste different from soy sauce and seems to taste good only on certain food. Its a little sweet for me. Still a good healthy replacement seasoning sauce though.

I supposed if you can't have soy...

Posted by 4613621240601653602 on Dec 13, 2015

This is a soy-substitute, but I personally just prefer the taste of soy sauce. This is too sweet. I haven't tried other brands of coconut aminos, but I wouldn't buy it again.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »