Eileen Wilson

Posted by Reviewer2685869 on Nov 25, 2008

Excellent moisturizing soap. Best I've ever tried. No skin residue. Non-irritating even for the ederly.

Dr. Woods, Shea Vision, Pure Black Soap, With Organic Shea Butter

Posted by Reviewer1113890 on Jan 30, 2009

This soap is very versatile and gentle but I was expecting a great scent and a thicker consistency (from other posts). Instead it is much the same as other liquid castile soap I have used.

Love it!!

Posted by Reviewer1207577 on Feb 04, 2009

I stumbled across this product on the website and thought I would give it a try. I love it!!! I have been trying to eliminate many of my chemical-laden body products so this was perfect. I use it as a facial cleanser, body wash and shampoo and I have no complaints about its effectiveness in any of those categories. I will be ordering more.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer1473649 on May 27, 2008

I use it not only for bathing but for shaving as well. Works really well as a shaving cream. Typically I don't even have to use aftershave as there are no razor burns.

Definitely worth buying!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Dr Wood soap contains all natural ingredients and it’s very versatile. It does not contains harsh chemicals such as paraben, phthalate, sodium lauryl sulphate. It’s biodegradable and does not leave behind harmful chemicals in the environment. It does not irritate the eyes much when it accidently gets into the eyes. This is not the same when you use conventional soap loaded with many unknown chemical. I have tried the black soap standalone and black soap + shea butter. I prefer the shea butter combination as it helps to moisturize better as well. I have very oily facial skin and one facial wash can last me 4-5 hours before it needs another wash. My facial skin does not dry up when I wash my face frequently. I also use it for shampoo, body wash, shaving, washing clothes, dishes and floor. Basically, it’s an all in one bottle! It’s comparable cheaper than its rival Dr Bronner soap which sells similar soap. Check out my page for more reviews!

Great Product

Posted by craftygirl on Mar 03, 2009

First time I have used Dr. Woods, my daughter and I have fair skin that breaks out easily, works really great. Smell very nice and leaves a fresh soft scent. Would highly recommend it. I will buy Dr. Woods soaps again.

Mild & Wonderful

Posted by Reviewer1799536 on Feb 22, 2009

Great for shampooing.

Great Stuff

Posted by Reviewer1391561 on Jun 14, 2008

I jhave been using this for years and at 50 years of age my skin is excellent.

Not a replica of Dr. Bronner's

Posted by Reviewer2317474 on Jan 08, 2009

I have only used this version with shea so far. It is quite thick and has floating chunks of shea butter. We used Dr. Bronner's liquid soap in foaming bottle. I think this shea would spoil the foaming mechanism. We could dilute it about as much as Dr. Bronner's and use it from a lotion pump. It is not as drying as Dr. Bronner's and I like the smell of black soap. I feel it was a good choice to buy this as Dr. Bronner's price is no longer very affordable for us and I like the change.

Great for body, horrible for face

Posted by itsbatman on Jul 23, 2015

This is hands down the best body wash I have ever used. I use it with EcoTools Recycled Bath & Shower Gloves, and my skin has never felt better. So soft and smooth. You can really feel the shea butter. As a face wash on the other hand. Worst soap I have ever used. It felt great the first two days. Really great. Like.. "this might be it" great. Face was silky smooth. Until i realized what it really did was add a microfilm of what I think is the shea butter on my entire face, which made my pores clog up like never before, and I got these painful red spots all over both my chins (where I usually never get any outbreaks). 10/10 will buy again as a body wash, but will keep it as far away from my face as I possibly can.