Page 1 - Reviews - Frontier Co-op, Medium Roasted Carob Powder, 16 oz (453 g) - iHerb
IE

Posted on Nov 18, 2021

The main essence of this powder - it is a substitute for chocolate & cocoa, which doesn't contain caffeine & contains much less fat. I would say, taste is not much similar to cocoa/chocolate, it has an interesting nutty-coffee- like taste & flavor. This is OK, as carob belongs to legume family & cocoa to mallow family. I use it 50%/50% for cacao/carob drink to reduce caffeine content in a cup, which results also in unusual interesting taste. Just try it to have your own impression😊. Another fave drink is banana + carob + cinnamon smoothie. It's so delicious. Perfect in the morning, as carob is packed with essential nutrients: calcium, zinc, magnesium; some B vitamins, polyphenol antioxidants. I use it for baking healthy cookies with whole grain flour. Origin of this carob is United States. Friends❤️, I sincerely recommend this product based on my experience. If this review was helpful/informative for you, please click 👍! Enjoy & thanks🙏!

dd8cc600-1d6d-49b0-9ad0-38d24811fde9
b39b2555-ceff-4aca-9c60-28b3d288bfff
Posted on May 28, 2022

Due to an issue, I was unfortunately advised not to eat chocolate which was extremely hard as I ate dark chocolate every day prior. With research I found carob powder and decided to give it a shot. When I first tried it (added to orgain nutritional shakes) I did find it to be bitter, but not overly so. I am now on my 3rd bag, so my taste buds have adapted and actually look forward to this everyday. I also enjoy mixing with coconut milk and bananas to make a "chocolate cake" that my kids beg to eat when they see me with it!

Posted on May 28, 2022

This is a wonderful product to have for baking when chocolate is called for. I have been using this for years and my family cannot tell I an not using chocolate. Give it a try, you will not be disappointed. This particular brand has now become my favorite. It makes the best banana - peanut butter "ice cream". I just use rice milk, 1 1/2 frozen bananas, a tlb of peanut or almond butter, and some ice. It is also good with a little added vanilla, coconut, or carob chips. Delicious!

Posted on May 12, 2022

I use carob to make my substitution for coffee - roasted chicory root and this roasted carob 50/50 in a turkish-style coffee maker: enjoy this drink a lot! Also, I sometimes do my own candies - and carob is essential for these I like almost all the products from Frontier Co-op: they are always of great quality!

Posted on Feb 21, 2022

Bought this to bake cookies, cakes and stuffs for my dogs (since they cannot take chocolates). There's a rather overwhelming smell which can be off-putting initially. But you get used to it and it's not discernable in the final baked goods. Would be better if it comes in a resealable pouch for ease of storage. To maintain the freshness, I transfer the powder into a air-tight, screw-cap container and added some little sachets of silica to absorb moisture. Overall, quite satisfied with the product. My dogs love the cookies, cakes and muffins baked with this carob powder. Will consider repurchasing this or try the other brand next time!

Posted on Jan 10, 2022

Tastes good and found it helpful for indigestion after questionable (not fresh) food. Put it on top of applesauce and it went down easy. This is something I keep in the cabinet for this purpose. I'd consider it high quality and the amount is good, probably more than I need, but it'll last a while.

Posted on Dec 16, 2021

Great quality, has a nice aroma and pleasant taste, not bland like some other carob powders. Great in recipes that call for cocoa, or to replace half the cocoa - if you use cocoa and carob together no one can tell there's carob in there! But personally I like the taste of this carob in sweet smoothies and baked goods, it doesn't need to be hidden, a great flavor

Posted on Nov 25, 2021

I love baking with carob powder rather than cocoa. Unlike cocoa, this has zero fat. When I bake with carob powder, no one can tell it isn't cocoa! It does come in a non-resealable bag, so be sure to have a container to put it into once you open the bag.

Posted on Nov 21, 2021

Great medium flavor. Mixes relatively easily in almond or rice milk (I use a whisk) to make hot 'cocoa' or 'chocolate' milk, and isn't 'grainy'. One of the benefits of carob powder over cocoa powder is that it doesn't contain caffeine for those who are sensitive. I also mix it in my chocolate protein shakes that seem overly-sweetened with artificial sweeteners to bring down the sweetness, and it works great for that, too. The powder is very fine and comes in a bag with no ziplock-like seal, so it's best to transfer it to another air-tight container for storage to maintain freshness. I've read reviews of the dark-roasted version of this brand on another site, and it was rated poorly for taste, so I chose this one and am glad I did. Another benefit of carob powder is that it helps with diarrhea. It seems to calm my stomach / IBS-D.

Posted on Nov 8, 2021

I like the taste and texture. Use it for lot of things, for example into my smoothie with greenery and cocoanibbs. also for making sweets with coconut flakes, coconut oil and maca, Put a little Monkey Fruit into it and some nuts and almonds and you have the best and healthiest of sweet.