Page 1 - Reviews - Jovial, Organic Grain Free Pasta, Cassava Elbows, 8 oz (227 g) - iHerb
IE

Posted on May 6, 2022

I've been on grain free for about 5years. I've miss my pasta as I can't have normal pasta due to my allergies. I can't believe that this brand taste like real pasta and it's allergy free. The quality is fantastic! It has one ingredient that is free from grains. I use it with everything the size is reasonably perfect. The package is good.

Posted on Jun 11, 2022

I have RA and react terribly to most grains and legumes. These are the only pasta noodles I have found that work for me. They have a bit of a different texture than wheat noodles....a bit more firm and a tad more grainy. But the flavor is similar. If you can't tolerate grains, these are the best alternative. Just remember that they are still high in starch/carbs and very high in fiber. Moderation is key. :)

Posted on Apr 29, 2022

This pasta is the new family favorite. Cassava is the best wheatless pasta we've tried, in fact, it is as near to a wheat pasta that I have yet tried. I highly recommend. In addition, Jovial is a fantastic and meticulous brand, inclined toward the purest products. So very glad I found them.

Posted on Feb 11, 2022

I can eat pasta again!! After 6 years of being totally gluten free, I have enjoyed pasta again! homemade pasta from various other flours wasn't cutting it. literally! crumbs! Jovial cassava pasta - all shapes - cook just like the directions say and have texture and taste so similar to wheat pasta that no one in the family (extended family) can taste the difference!!! a repeat customer dozens of times over already!

Posted on Dec 14, 2021

Love this pasta for baked mac n cheese. As with most GF pasta I tend to cook it sightly underdone to let it cook more in the cheese/sauce, preventing gumminess and keeping the shape more intact. I love how simple the ingredients are. Great for paleo and AIP diets as well.

Posted on Dec 9, 2021

The pasta does not taste like the wheat pasta and the texture is a little starchy and mushy, but that does not mean that you can’t add them into a tasty sauce and enjoy it if you, like myself, do not tolerate gluten. I prefer the pasta made from pulses (chickpeas or lentils) instead of starchy vegetables or grains, but it is nice to have options, especially with such clean ingredients. Overall, the quality is great. The quantity is enough for about two meals for two, or two meals for one person who eats large servings.

Posted on Nov 27, 2021

Love this - just a shame about the price! Nice texture, albeit its never just the same as the 'real thing' - but near enough! BUT why are gluten-free so expensive - are we really to believe these companies actually pay that much for raw ingredients? I would rate this 5 stars if it just was more affordable!

Posted on Oct 18, 2021

The closest grain and dairy free option to pasta that I’ve found. Great for the auto immune protocol diet or for people who can’t have grains or gluten. Yummy and good texture. I buy the penne in bulk and great to see iHerb is stocking the other shapes.

Posted on May 29, 2022

These are awesome, for my paleo grain free diet. They taste like regular pasta even my husband doesn't notice when I switch regular pasta to this. The quality is great. And ingredients super clean. Only thing is to not cook them too long or they go soaky

Posted on May 2, 2022

I I was so relieved that this pasta tasted like great pasta and not like cardboard. I love the taste & good quality ingredients. I added lean ground beef & marinara sauce to make a tasty meal.